Background

Monday, August 13, 2012

Motivational Monday!!

This is an exciting week!! Amanda Taylor Luallen is having her baby!!! Her and her family have been friends for a long time, I knew her in high school.  I knew her when she was having boy trouble and I was their when she got married to her love of her life, Jeff!  Now they are having their first baby and she will be here by the end of this week!!!  This is very exciting, the first of the peeps to have a baby :) we are going to have to have mini peep initiation!! 

I haven't been carrying a baby all summer, but I have been in school and it finally came to an end last week!!!  It is looking like a 4.0 for 9 hours!  Yes!!  For one of my classes, our final project was too write a paper about a solution for the Rwandan people's drinking water.  In Africa people are volunteering to build wells, they are currently working on 200 wells in Rwanda, out of the 200 wells, 45 of them are contaminated.  They were looking for quick, easy solutions to this problem.  Long story short, my paper was one selected to be forward to Rwanda!!  Yeah!!! So summer school was not too bad after all!!

Another thing I learned during summer school is how to make dumplings.  Below is a picture of my professor, Dr. Han, helping us to make them! 


The Olympics came to an end this weekend as well, looking good for the United States of America!!! Great job to all of our athletes!!

It has been a great summer!! Sooooo with only one more full week before Fall semester starts what will my goal be this week besides... relaxing and hanging out with all my friends who are coming back into town for school.

Goals for the week:
1. Get the house ready for the semester, finishing small projects
2. Get myself ready for the semester, buying books and engineering paper
3. Do something fun, a trip to IKEA on Friday sounds like the trick.
4. Rearrange my bedroom... Rearranging furniture always makes me feel accomplished.
5. Go on a date with my husband!! (need some good ideas there)
6. Lastly, and most importantly, enjoy the last couple days of nothing due, nothing to study, nothing to research, nothing stressing myself out. I love school so much, but a break from it sounds amazing!!

Get motivated this week, with the temperatures dropping (at least here) it's starting to feel like fall.  Start looking at fashion for the fall, look at possible halloween costumes (before we know it it'll be here), and start watching ESPN!! 

You can do anything you put your mind too. Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh yes.. dates. That is what I commented about.