Background

Friday, August 17, 2012

Mr. Darcy

So last week I introduced you to Ms. Georgiana, now it's time for my biggest baby Mr. Darcy.  He's a Lancer Newfoundland and he will be turning four on Sept. 11th. this year.  The picture above is him as a puppy.  When I met Darcy he was sleeping in his current owners house, all of the other puppies where jumping up and down getting their licks in and he was just chilled out in the corner sleeping.  When I went over there to introduce myself to him, he fell in love.  From that moment on, he followed me everywhere... and I fell in love with him.  My husband is sometimes jealous of how much Darcy loves me.  My husband will be playing with him, but if mom leaves... "Sorry Dad gotta run!" There is no such thing as a dogs love.  I am spoiled :)

This is my puppy now, the past couple of summers he has found the only way to beat the heat is by getting into the pool.  Because of this I decided this summer was the first summer that I had to shave him, him getting in and out of the pool... was painful with all that hair.  He looked goofy to say the least but at least he is cool.  (I promised I wouldn't post a picture with his haircut)

Now because he is shaved down he has taken to sleeping on the bed... I need a bigger bed!!

I hope you all have a great weekend, stay cool! I know I am going to enjoy my last weekend before school starts.  Wish me luck on finding good deals at IKEA :) 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your puppy is the cutest!! Even with a hair cut!!

Shanna said...

Awe thanks!!! He has taken to sleeping on the bed now that he is cold, but I think he is much happier :)